Everyone has their price ... and I'm cheap.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Looks Like I have to Learn German

It appears that my Graduate studies may end up taking me to Austria a couple times. There is a conference next reading week (Feb.) in Innsbruck, and then if things are going well, there may be an opportunity for me to go study there for a few months next year.

Hello good skiing.

The university speaks primarily English, but once you leave the school, the English is almost none existent. So I guess I will have to learn some basic German (Austrians speak a German dialect) between now and then. The problem with that is I am bad enough with English as it is. Let alone German. Back in grade school I had to try to learn French, I was horrible. Je ne French pas. I suck at languages.

I don't even know where to start.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oxford Press' take off in French was pretty good. The german one probably is too.

5/01/2005 3:00 p.m.

 
Blogger Badaunt said...

I read that as 'Australia' at first, so the non-existent English had me baffled for a moment!

5/14/2005 7:07 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home