Everyone has their price ... and I'm cheap.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

A little Procrastination

There are really two things I should be doing right now, other than exploring the blogger world and writting this post.

The most important of the two is likely sleep. I have been doing suprisingly little of that lately, and my typical Wed. off is being interrupted by a field trip to Gastops. I don't know exactley what they do, I have a rough idea (something about simulation of gas turbine engines), but I really should know more after tomorrow. Even though it will be interesting, it is cutting in on my sleep time.

The other is editting a report by some people from the Univeristy of Laval, in Quebec. If I don't do it by Thursday, and have my review submitted, then the report I co-authored won't get published and this is my first truely published external paper (assuming it passes the review). That and the other co-authors may start removing some of my body parts as punishment. I kinda like where things are.

It is for the CCToMM's (Canadian Committee for the Theory of Machines and Mechanisms) M^3 symposium (Symposium on Mechanisms, Machines and Mechatronics). It's going to be at the Canadian Space Agency in Montreal. I get to present and apparently some Canadian astronauts are going to be there. And seeing as my life-long goal is to fly in space, I am really excited about meeting them.

Anyways, just exploring some blogs and came across one I enjoyed. I especially enjoyed the article on snot:

While I was suffering from a terrible cold, I made a startling discovery. Do you know that snot defies the laws of gravity?

It's rather insightful, if medically innacurate, but who really cares. I don't know all the mechanics of mucus, maybe they'll let me do my grad research on that.

Ultimate was good today. We were being slaughtered after the first few points. Down 6-1. But we were able to adapt to the unconventional offense and ended up winning 12-11 in a very exciting final point that could have really gone either way. I did end up catching it, but I can't take the credit, Paul did all the leg work.

They're either first or second in the league, so it felt really good to be victorious in the end. I'm looking forward to the summer Ultimate league where we can actually get back outside and I can layout for the disc without ripping off my precious skin.

Well, I think sleep is going to be next on my things to do. The report can wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home