Everyone has their price ... and I'm cheap.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

The Politics of Deception - I Shouldn't Touch Politics

Lewis Black from The Daily Show was on CBC newsWORLD's The Hour, talking to George Stroumboulopoulos. He made an interesting point about the politics of deception. Now I am not one to talk too much about politics, but it is an interesting point. There is a lot of serious issues going on all around the world and CNN International has Micheal Jackson on the front page in the biggest spot, and the annoying issue of royal wedding number 2 just won't go away.

We all know MJ has a freakishly scary presence and does not take good pictures, similarily for Prince Charles (shutter), so why do I need a regular update on them from "the world's news leader". Now maybe the US government does not have too much control over those two "news items", but the issue that started the whole discussion on the show was gay marriage. I don't want to get too deep into this issue (I'm straight, but believe that everyone makes their own choices, so as long as it isn't forced on me, let them do it). But it is a valid point. There are many more pressing issues out there than this, and most of them involve "The Leader of the Free World" and some questionable decisions he makes. Well, at least they seem questionable to everyone outside the exlusive population of that country (about 53% of them).

Is he using less important issues to cover up other decissions? I wouldn't put it past him. Have other presidents been doing it for years? I wouldn't doubt it for a second. All these other issues are obviously important, because people still pay attention and have firm, at times well founded arguments for both sides.

What are we going to do about it? I dunno. I think we just need to recognize that this sort of stuff happens, and not ignore the truly important stuff.

Anyways, I really like this "The Hour" show (link at top).

Don't hate me for my minimal political beliefs. I like to hear all sides of the issue. But i prefer things that have a logical answer. Thats why I am an engineer (The PEO will kill me if the read this, I should say "Engineering Student").

People are actually comming to the site now and I am recieving some support in the form of comments and compliments. Thank you, it makes this fun.

Have a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home