Everyone has their price ... and I'm cheap.

Monday, March 07, 2005

General Ramblings: Ravens, F1, School and NASCAR

Just a bunch of general ramblings today. Don't feel like organizing my thoughts.

Went to a Carleton Ravens game on Saturday. I think the final was 68-63 Ravens over Ottawa U Gee Gees (wtf's a gee gee). Best game I have seen in a while. Carleton was actually losing for a bit in the second half. Thats 74 straight regular and post season wins. Thats insane. It's funny, when the Patriots had won however many games in a row, or Rothesburger from the steelers won all his games until the Super Bowl, thats all we ever heard about on TSN. A CANADIAN university team, pretty much the highest caliber sports leauges in canada, consisting of largely Canadian players (besides maybe the CFL, and the NHL and our one NBA team have very few actual Canadians) is doing unthinkably good and TSN hardly gives them any coverage. 74 consecutive wins, hell, they have more consecutive HOME wins than any other historic CIS team has TOTAL consecutive wins. Thats insane. Thats the definition of dynasty. The team is almost completley different then when the streak started and Coach Dave Smart still produces an amazing team. Come on TSN, get on board. This is local Canadiana at it's finest.

F1 Aussie GP was pretty damn good. I know it has only been one race, and the circumstances were very strange, but Red Bull was quite impressive. I hope they can keep it up. It was nice to see things shuffled up a little bit. I'm still rooting for BMW-Williams, but as long as Ferrari is kept at bay for a little bit, I'll be happy. Don't get me wrong, Schumi is an absolutely amazing driver, but I don't think he would be nearly as good without Ferrari. Hopefully there is some good competition in all the races and in the standings. I want it to come down to the wire in Shanghai at the end of the season.

I heard Micheal Waltrip actually make a tiny bit of sense today on some NASCAR show on Speed TV. BRING NASCAR TO CANADA. Spread it out a little bit. There is already a decent size Canadian audience. We can be rednecks too. A race up here will draw the attention of many more fans, and I would love to go.

School is almost over. I get my Iron ring in less than 2 weeks. Thats going to be a great day. Going to be a lot of work from now till the end, but it'll feel great when it is all over. I hate forced group projects at school. Too many incomponent people. At least in the workplace, if they are that dumb they can get fired, but at school you don't fail until the END of the year. Anyways, almost done with undergrad. Tell me again why I applied for grad school?

Well that was fun. Maybe I'll have more organized ideas some time. Not bloody likely.

1 Comments:

Blogger thisismine2 said...

I agree, I wasn't a big Heidfeld fan last year. I was so excited when I heard Button was coming, I knew it was too good to be true. I like Webber. He has just never had a good ride.

Where Schumi goes, money follows, so I can see your point, that team is going to excel, he will retire with Ferrari in a few seasons. Of course he would do good in a BMW, they're the best :).

3/09/2005 9:44 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home