Everyone has their price ... and I'm cheap.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Highly Anticipated (for me): THGTTG The Movie

Thanks to the Internet Movie DataBase (IMDB), I have had an eye on this project for a little over a year now. The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy is comming to the big screen. Go to that link for the trailer (it plays automatically on the main page).

I remember the first time I read it (I think I was 16 or 17). I was so in to all the wierd stuff that comes from Douglas Adams's crazy imagination. I was going out with a girl who had a similar love of his strange writting style and crazy ideas. She was a little out there herself. I've long since lost track of her. I read it again last summer, 7 years later, and still love it's obscurity (and improbability).

Marvin, the paranoid android, has been telling me not to panic on my desktop for 2 or 3 weeks now. (If anyone has a higher resolution version of this image, I want it).


(yes, i just learned how to post pics. Watch out.)

Hopefully it is a good movie. I'm sure a lot of people won't like it. It takes a 'special person' to like Douglas Adams stuff, and apparently this holds true to his screenplay (which is very different from the book apparently).

Anyways, this is likely a movie (and book) I will continually refer to in my posts.

Happy hitchhiking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home