Everyone has their price ... and I'm cheap.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Sunday: A day of sports

Well, it happened: Carleton won its third straight Canadian University Sport Championship today. I was going nuts as the Ravens won their 78th straight victory by a score of 68-48 over the Concordia Stingers. Osvaldo Jeanty was amazing. 24 points, every single one of them a 3 pointer. Carleton shot 50% from beyond the arc. But when you take 30 shots (getting 15 for 45 points, if you don't want to do the math) thats a pretty amazing feat.


from TSN

I think Carleton will have a pretty good team next year too. Rumour has it that Adam Falsetto and B.J. Charles will be back next season after some time off, and even losing Mike Smart and Matt Ross (this being their 5th and final year), we still have a great lineup of returning players. Lets see if we can add another (3rd consecutive) undefeated season and a fourth championship!

Elsewhere, the F1 race in Malaysia was really good. Sure Alonso ran away with it, but there was a lot of action back in the field. I was on the edge of my seat as Hiedfeld, Webber and Ralf had an exciting three way battle, and when Fisichella took out Webber. I am really impressed at the whole field. Reneault, of course, is doing awesome, but so are Toyota, Mclearen, BMW-Williams and even Red Bull. I know when Ferrari pulls out the new car, things will likely change, but lets hope the season remains this exciting.

I think I figured out why Minardi spins out so much. It gives their sponsors some air time. Thats why Jordan has no sponsors, they are too slow, but they don't have enough accidents. At least we see the Minardi. I'd like to see them have a couple good races, get some good airtime.

NASCAR was also quite exciting. Jimmie almost won, but it was nice to see Carl Edwards get his first win in very exciting fasion. Johnson is doing amazing though. 4 top 5's in 4 races. Thats a pretty damn good stat.

Well, Sunday seems to be my sports day. I really had a very unproductive weekend. I'll have to crack down pretty hard this week to get everything done. I should be alright though. I am almost finished. Only a couple weeks of class left.

Sorry to those readers who aren't big sports fans. I'm just really excited about the Carleton win. Three in a row is amazing (so is 78!!!!!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home