Everyone has their price ... and I'm cheap.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Texas Hold'em

Well I am kind of happy and upset all at the same time. I played $5 buy in texas hold'em poker for the third time today. I was quite thrilled when I was not the first one out. In fact, I was the last one out.

I was quite thrilled that I came in second. Now, I may have left empty handed, but for once I left the poker game with dignity.

Chances are I could have played a lot smarter, but I am not at that level yet.

I am however disapointed that I lost to the very drunk, possibly more, guy. There is no way you can call a bluff on him because he says the same thing every time.

"Woah... I have to put in five to see more cards?"

"I don't want to pay for this shit"

"hey hey, that pot is mine."

I really can't compete with that.

I think I need to practice the game before I can win. I know there are all sorts of statistics invloved, but I have usually had a few beers by that point and the whole calculating in the head thing isn't going to work.

I don't remember stats class, all I remember is the prof's stupid "Culture Breaks". I don't think he really understood statistics, I think he was just fortunate that no one with authority ever watched one of his lectures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home