Everyone has their price ... and I'm cheap.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Sunday Sports.

Sunday has quickly become my day for sports, and posting comments about these sports. I apologize to those who this doesen't interest, but I like to blab about them.

Another good round of Formula One. Could it be, the almighty Schumacher has fallen? With only one points scoring finish so far this year (in three races), it really doesen't look all that promising. It is still early, but Renault seems to be quite a force, as does, potentially, Toyota. I am impressed with this change in events. I just wish my BMW-Williams boys were doing a little better.

BAR seems to have fallen to the curse of second place. Just Like McLaren-Mercedes did last season, after finishing second to Ferrari in the previous season, BAR is plummeting after a constructors second place showing last year. I see a trend. Too bad Jenson Button didn't get out of there.

And of course there is Jaques. It's too bad. Villenuve should have never gone to BAR. He needs to settle down, drive clean and at least score some points, build up some confidence. Either that, or that one championship was a fluke, but I doubt that. He needs a good car behind him, and Sauber isn't it.

A pretty exciting NASCAR race today too. But then again, Bristol is always an exciting track. I was a little upset when Micheal Waltrip pushed Jimmie Johnson up into the wall. It wasn't even for position. At least 48 still got a top 10 finish, but I think he had a good shot at a win, or at least a top 5.

Next on the sunday sporting agenda: Baseball opening day. I'm not really a big fan of the Red Sox or the Yankees, but I will cheer for the one I hate less. Go Sox. I hope it's hard fought and reminiscent of the latter half of the AL finals last year.

I won't watch too many regular season baseball games, but this one, just because I miss TV sports. I wish hockey playoffs were on right now.

And hopefully my fantasy baseball team can do alright this year. I need a good season for once.

Well, back to the books for me. If you made it this far you must be interested in the sports, so there is no need to apologize for the sports post. I imagine this will become almost a weekly event.

1 Comments:

Blogger thisismine2 said...

The problem with JV was he left a team with a great package for $$$ at the new BAR.

Some argure that he cost them so much they couldn't put as much money into R&D. I don't know how true that is, but it was his choice to leave.

As much as I want him to win (being canadian and all), he really did it to himself.

4/03/2005 10:58 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home