Everyone has their price ... and I'm cheap.

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Dog Day Afternoon

As you may be able to tell, this is a weekend of movies for me.

I just finished watching Dog Day Afternoon. That must have really been a controversial movie in 1975. I liked it. It was a little different, kind of drawn out in the middle, but different in a good way.

"I mean, how do they expect you to get uncrazy if you're asleep all the time?"

I liked that style of movie. Nothing in the way of special effects. I like those but not all the time, just straight telling the story, no fancy camera work, a couple fly bys in the helicopter, but thats it.

I don't know how true they really were to the true story, but the trueness of it makes it quite interesting too. The fact that stuff like this actually happens.

I often wonder about that in movies. I remember specifically thinking that during Ronin, does stuff like this ever actually go down? Are there ever gang wars and things like that, car chases down narrow eurpean streets. Shootouts in some marketplace. There are a lot of movies that make me wonder that. Not some crazy action movie, but the ones that seem to try to be realistic. You know, the Reservior Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Leon: The Professional, that kind of thing. I doubt it, but it could. Right? I don't know. When the swat team goes in, is it like it is in the movies? They have to get their ideas from somewhere don't they? If they can think it, someone could do it? There are a lot of crazy people out there (You know who you are).

Thats what essay writting does to you. It makes you go crazy. Engineers aren't used to this essay stuff. Thats why those Artsies are so crazy. Too many essays. and that was just 1500 words. On 'The Duty to Report' (what to do if your employer is doing something illegal or dangerous, Whistleblowing).

My sentence structure really goes to shit at this time of night. Sorry about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home